Monday, July 9, 2012

Doubts

You think you can look at my relationship and tell me
How wrong we are?
How young we are?
How much better I can do?
How much better he can do?
How long we will or wont last?
If and when we should join our lives together?
Do you really think it is okay to judge us?
Well you aren't right for that,
There is only two people who know what is best for us,
That is me and Garrett,
Some of you doubt how I much i love him,
Some of you think this is all just a "teenage joke,"
I will fight for him until the end,
I can't even begin to say how much I love him,
How much I care for him.
Yes he was there for me in my darkest hours,
But what people don't realize is
I was there for him too, I helped him too,
We are there for each other
And we always will be,
He is my best friend, He is my love, my soul mate, and my FUTURE husbend.
It is so hard to write your story,
when everyone is trying to rip out all the pages before they were even written.
So please, before you look and make another judgement..
think of the damage you do? think of the hurt you cause our relationship,
This is our story,
I will keep putting in new pages, even if you find it okay to burn it.
I love my Garrett,
We will get married,
We will be happy,
Our love will last forever,
This is us,
So before you Doubt, or judge,
We will show everyone wrong,



1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry people are giving you grief. Do NOT listen to them! No one knows your heart like you do. There is so many things I could say. Like how Josh's parents fought us our entire engagement. But it wasn't their choice to make, it was ours.

    Who cares if you are young, that doesn't matter. If it feels right to you, then go for it. I know I don't know Garrett, but if you love him, then he must be a great guy. Cling to him and don't let go. You've already faced great heartache in your young life, why can't you also have great happiness? You can!

    Every single marriage is a big risk. Every single marriage could fail at any given point. Every single marriage has its flaws. There is no such thing as a perfect marraige, but you work together as a couple each day to make it so. It won't be easy. I remember how broke we were as newlyweds. I couldn't cook anything above boiling water. The first few years were kind of a trial and error for us in many ways. We could have called it quits, but we didn't. Once, we had a huge fight and I went to stay the night with my mom. That was a big mistake! The first thing she said was "I told you so." That made me so mad, but it also made me go back determined to make it work.

    If its family giving you grief, it is hard to cut those people out of your life. Tell them you apperciate their opinion, but now that you've heard it once, you've heard it enough. You need their love and if they can't give that, tell them they are not invited to the wedding. If they threaten to not come, let it roll off your shoulder. My grandma missed my wedding and my reception. Ya, it hurt, but I got over it.

    If I had listened to people, I never would have met you. All anyone could tell me was to not adopt, to not meet you, it would just end in heartbreak. There is no denying there was some heartbreak involved, but you changed my life and I will never forget that. I will never forget you. Every decision we make in life can end in heartbreak. But if we knew that, we'd never leave the safetly of our bedrooms. You never know what the ending will be. You just jump in with both feet, hope for the best, work hard to make it the best and it will work out in the end. No one knows how anything is going to end, so why should they try to have a say in how it begins?

    Remember you don't need the perfect wedding, even though it would be nice. At the end of the day, the only thing that will matter is who you picked to spend the rest of your life with. The wedding last for a day, the marriage last forever.

    ReplyDelete